Saturday, October 16, 2010

Lee is Awesome!

Our peer mentor Lee is awesome! At first I didn’t know why we needed a peer mentor since we went a month without one but Lee is very helpful. She knows a lot about the campus and how to get involved with the campus and it’s something I need. I’ve realized I have had way too much time on my hands so I need to find a job or a club on campus to get me involved and I believe Lee can help me with that.
I also wasn’t sure what the big deal about having a peer mentor was, I thought it was just an upperclassman who needed to put something on their resume and was just here because they had to be there but Lee seems to want to be here. It’s obvious that Lee cares and she wants to make it work within our class. Lee is also a very real person. She told us about some mistakes she’s made in her past and I really respect that about her. I recently made a big mistake and I haven’t been able to really admit to and share it with people but maybe I will be able to own up to my mistake like Lee was.
I also like the activities Lee has us do with her every Thursday especially the first day when we got in a circle and did her laughing exercises. I was having a bad day and that actually made me feel a lot better. We are very lucky we have Lee as out peer mentor because she is very real and seems to really care about us. I’m looking forward to the rest of the year with her!
Laughter

No comments:

Post a Comment