Saturday, October 9, 2010

Good Blog vs. Great Blog

There are many things that make a blog either just a good blog or a great blog. You need to make the blog your own. Everyone has their own type of voice or style and that’s what you need to put in your blog. If your blog doesn’t sound like you then it might be a little confusing. I tend to have my blogs with a more serious tone so it would be hard for me to just switch into a humor tone.
Another thing you need is pictures. It’s my opinion that pictures brighten up a blog and just make them more fun. You don’t need many pictures one or two is plenty but those pictures make a huge difference on your blog. People see the pictures first and wonder what your blog can be about and when they actually read your blog they have the picture as a connection. Pictures help you connect to almost anything. When I see a blog I get turned off if all you see are words because I believe it’s boring.
The last thing I always have in my blog are links. I want everyone to know where I get my ideas from. When I wrote about time management I wanted the link that helped me help everyone else out. The links are fun because you never know what will be on the other side. I tried posting a youtube video in my last blog about We The Kings but I couldn’t figure it out but if you know how to post videos to your blog it makes it more interesting. If I saw a blog with a We The King music video on it I would watch it. Everyone has their own style and you just need to make sure you put that into your blog.  

No comments:

Post a Comment