Saturday, September 11, 2010

WOW!

Wow! Is all I can say about my two first weeks of college. These two weeks have been a combination of the best two weeks of my life and the most stressful. I have faced the challenge of having no idea how to manage my time. I live on campus and I have no idea when the right time to study is and when the right time to hang out with friends and have fun is? I need to find out what the best way of managing my time is because what I have been doing just isn’t working out for me. I’ve been doing most of my homework right when I get out of class and I’m alone in the dorms but when people get back to the dorms I get completely distracted from my homework and just stop. I hang out with them all day and don’t get back to my room till around midnight or later and by that time I’m exhausted and really want to go to bed but I can’t because I have to finish my homework. Doing homework when you’re exhausted is stupid because your work isn’t as good as it could be if you weren’t so tired. I guess the question is why do I wait to the last minute?

Nobody wants to be doing there homework at 12!
These first two weeks have already opened my eyes. I’ve learned that I need to come up with a better system to manage my time. I’m going to get my work out of the way early in the day so I don’t have to come back to my room at midnight and finish homework. I know it’s going to be hard to do my homework before I go out but it’s something I’m going to have to learn to do if I want to succeed in college. This next week is going to be my test to see if I can actually do work before I go out because if I can’t do it now it’s going to get harder each week to do. All I know is I want to do great these next four years in college, so I need to learn how to manage my time! This website has started to help me and I hope it can help you! http://www.studygs.net/timman.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment