Saturday, September 25, 2010

Is 24 Hours in a Day Enough?

         Time management is a hard thing to figure out. How exactly does one figure out how to sort there time out? There are 24 hours in a day, and that may seem like a lot but it really isn’t. I never know how to choose what to do with my time when I’m not in classes. Do I sleep, hang out with friends, go to the gym, talk on the phone, watch TV, or do homework? When I decide to do homework I have to choice which class to do homework for. That is the hardest part considering I always have so much homework in my classes.
            The past couple weeks I have learned a little more about managing time. I know that the best time to get your work done is in the day because for me that is when all my friends are in classes. I have my dorm room all to myself and basically the dorm floor. It’s nice to have the quiet during the day because when night rolls around I can’t get a minute of silence. I get done with most classes around noon so that’s when I get the most work done and I still have for something fun to do at night. There have been the occasional times when I take naps after class instead of doing my homework which means I’ve had to pull all nighters to finish that homework because I was too lazy to do my homework right away.
            Since my last blog about time management I have learned how to manage time a little better. The first two weeks was doing homework all at midnight but the past two weeks has been doing homework and noon and not having to worry about work when I get back from hanging out. The pressure from doing work late at night is gone now and my work doesn’t suffer. I’m still getting use to time management but it’s getting easier every day. I actually made a chart to help keep me on track and it looks a lot like this one.

Go to this website to help make your time management charts http://www.studygs.net/schedule/

2 comments: